home *** CD-ROM | disk | FTP | other *** search
/ Cream of the Crop 22 / Cream of the Crop 22.iso / bbs / rokv102.zip / ROK.ZIP / CONTACT.DOC < prev    next >
Text File  |  1996-11-04  |  6KB  |  119 lines

1. ┌─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
  2. │ Realm of Kisom Version 1.02         Contacting Devon Brooks, The Author │
  3. └─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
  5.    You want to get in contact with me, Devon Brooks, The Author?  GREAT!
  7.    I simply *LOVE* receiving messages!  (Really, I do!)
  9.    Here are some of the most convenient ways of contacting me:
  11.    1. FidoNet EchoMail Message Areas.  I frequently read the DOORGAMES Echo
  12.       and the ON_LINE_GAMES Echo.
  14.       Hopefully soon, there will be a ROK echo available on Plannet Connect.
  15.       If this becomes available, I will, of course, answer messages in here as
  16.       well, since it *IS* an entire echo devoted to my game. :-)
  18.       Since I receive a LOT of messages every day, chances are you won't get
  19.       a reply back very quickly.   It usually takes me 1-2 days to answer my
  20.       mail completely.   Depending on where you live, please allow 5-10 days
  21.       for a reply to come back to you. It's also in here that I announce new
  22.       releases of ROK, so keep up in these echos, and you'll be kept informed!
  24.    2. Netmail.  My FidoNet Netmail Address is 1;140/129.
  26.       It doesn't matter if you route the Netmail message or crash it to me.
  27.       In most cases, I will route the reply back to you, but sometimes, if it
  28.       is urgent, I will crash it back to you.  I usually answer my Netmail
  29.       messages as soon as I can, so this might be the best method of getting
  30.       in contact with me.
  32.    3. Internet E-Mail.  My Internet Address is "bfs@sk.sympatico.ca",
  33.       without the quotes ("").
  35.       I usually check my Mail on the Internet about every 2 days.  However,
  36.       that does not mean you will get a reply in 2 days.  It will most likely
  37.       take about 4 days for me to reply to your message on here.  Depending
  38.       on the urgency of the message, though, I could reply back right away.
  40.    4. Voice Support!  My Voice Phone Number is 1-306-692-7374.  Please call
  41.       between 6pm and 9pm Central Standard Time (CST).  Please check *YOUR*
  42.       time zone, then check the difference of time between yours and mine,
  43.       THEN decide when to call.  What I mean is that if you are two hours
  44.       behind me, then call between 4pm and 7pm in your area, since that is
  45.       the equivalent to 6pm and 9pm in my area.  Does that make sense?  Hope
  46.       so.  There's nothing worse, in my opinion, than receiving a voice call
  47.       when I'm supposed to be sleeping! :-)
  49.       Voice support is probably the quickest method of contacting me.  It's
  50.       person-to-person, so that your questions are answered directly by me.
  52.       In case you didn't know, I am 16 years old.  Thus, I might not be home
  53.       sometimes, and my parents might answer.  If that is the case, simply
  54.       tell them that you will call back another time, and hopefully I will be
  55.       home at that time.  To make your life a bit easier, I have tennis league
  56.       nights on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday all this summer, so try not to
  57.       call those nights.
  59.       When I answer the phone, please notify me that you are calling for ROK
  60.       assistance.  Otherwise, I might think you are a friend of mine calling
  61.       me up, and I won't treat you with the courteousness I should. :-)
  63.    5. The Author's BBS.  My BBS is "The Inner City BBS".  The Phone Number is
  64.       1-306-694-5864.  This BBS is open 24 hours/day, 7 days a week.  Your 1st
  65.       call will simply be a verification call; after I've updated your access
  66.       level, you will have full access to the BBS.  Sorry I don't allow full
  67.       access on first call, but I've got a lot of "troublesome" users in my
  68.       area who like to abuse full-access-upon-first-call BBS's.
  70.       The verification call will take less than two minutes, tops.  Simply
  71.       call back the next day, or even later in the day, and you will have
  72.       normal access.  I usually check the BBS every 2-4 hours, so it won't
  73.       take that long to verify you.
  75.       If you leave me a message in a local area on my BBS, I will usually
  76.       reply to it within 2-4 hours of seeing it.  This is a quick method of
  77.       getting a reply.  There is a specific message area setup JUST for ROK
  78.       comments/suggestions/bug reports.  That is Message Area #2 on my BBS.
  79.       If you wish to write me a message on my BBS, this is the area to do it
  80.       in.  However, if you want it to be a private message, there's always
  81.       the local message area as well.  Doesn't matter to me at all.
  83.    6. The *Official* Blazing Fire Software Web Site.
  85.       The WWW address is: Http://www.sasknet.com/~bfs
  87.       If you don't know how to make the "~", it's the top left hand key on
  88.       the Keyboard, plus the Shift Button.  :-)  Some people ask me how to
  89.       make it.  I call it a "Squiggley".
  91.       On this WWW Site, you can always find the latest version of ROK here.
  92.       You can also see upcoming programs from Blazing Fire Software, info
  93.       regarding new upcoming releases of ROK, and E-Mail Devon Brooks, The
  94.       Author, directly from this site!
  96.       This WWW site was created and is maintained by Devon Brooks.
  98.    7. Almost as a last resort:
  100.       Mail.  Plain, ordinary "Snail" Mail.  My address is:
  102.       Devon Brooks
  103.       c/o 834 Ninth Avenue North West
  104.       Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
  105.       Canada
  106.       S6H - 4J1
  108.       This is also the address to send Registration Forms.  If you specify
  109.       an alternative way to reply besides Snail Mail, I will reply in that
  110.       form. Otherwise, you will receive a reply in the mail 2-4 weeks after
  111.       you sent it, depending on where you live.
  113.    I *LOVE* receiving messages from people.  If you have a question, comment,
  114.    suggestion, bug report, even if you just want to start a conversation - let
  115.    me know about it! :-)
  117. Devon Brooks - Blazing Fire Software
  118. End of Realm of Kisom v1.02 Contact Documentation